Skip Navigation


Procedures: Expenses

College expenses paid for with personal funds can be reimbursed with cash for purchases of less than $50.00 or by using the Expense Reimbursement Form (on the ALL Forms page).  Internal Revenue Service regulations require that we have sufficient documentation to support College expenditures that include the College business purpose of the expenditure, the date, and the amount (except below). In order to best comply with IRS regulations, original receipts provide the best documentation.  Employee supervisors may require more stringent documentation to support expenditures.

  • Food, Travel, or Entertainment:  The IRS requires the date, location, College business purpose, names of the participants, and the amount.
  • Airfare:  A receipt that shows the itinerary, the names of the passengers, and the amount paid for the ticket. 
  • Meals and Food:  A receipt that shows the location, date, and amount (use the Expense Reimbursement form or the back of receipt for documentation of participants and business purpose).  We cannot accept food packaging.  For visits to the farmers market, generic receipts from vendors are acceptable (these can be ordered from Staples or contact the Business Office for a small supply).
  • Cab fare/taxi:  Receipts are required.  Please provide documentation of the date, location, and amount paid.
  • Receipts over 90 days old or from a prior fiscal year, whichever comes first, cannot be reimbursed. 

The College generally does not accept personal credit card statements in lieu of receipts.


Not Reviewed