Center for Career and Professional Development
Four Kalamazoo College undergraduates are among 41 local college and university students selected to work with Kalamazoo area businesses as part of the summer 2013 Monroe-Brown Internship cohort.
Turning a convent into a family home and office is an adventure—Cara Marker Daily '96 has participated in the Discovery Externship Program since 2006, hosting over 30 students in her home. This summer Cara and her husband Gordon will be hosting 7 students.
The CCPD released its first-ever Annual Report (PDF 236 KB) on 2/28/13. Further details on the post-graduate plans of the Class of 2012 can be found in the First-Destination Survey Results (PDF 167 KB).
- 80% of reporting graduates seeking employment secured it by year end.
- 95% of reporting graduates seeking graduate education secured it by year end.
- 98 students completed summer 2011 opportunities: 30 externs, 68 interns.
- Alumni engagement via CCPD programs and services rose by 40%.
- Guilds of Kalamazoo College membership grew by 554 individuals, or 42%.
Local business leaders invited to host college interns, as the presidents of Kalamazoo College, WMU, and KVCC speak in unison about the importance of career development opportunities for students in southwest Michigan.
A "Life-Changing Summer in Haiti"—"Through the CCPD, ACSJL, and Grace Hospital, Amy and I were able to have one of the most rewarding summers of our lives. We were delighted to see social justice working through an international perspective."
—Roxann Taneisha Lawrence '14