Center for Career and Professional Development
CCPD 2012-13 Annual Report Released
Highlights of the 2012-13 report include:
- 85% of reporting graduates seeking employment secured it by year end.
- 18% of reporting graduates enrolled in graduate school by year end.
- Students and alumni received counseling services 1,052 times (appointments and drop-in visits).
- 108 students completed CCPD summer 2013 opportunities: 46 externs, 62 interns.
- Over the last three years, the CCPD has supported an average of 278 alumni interactions each year.
Four Kalamazoo College undergraduates are among 41 local college and university students selected to work with Kalamazoo area businesses as part of the summer 2013 Monroe-Brown Internship cohort.
Turning a convent into a family home and office is an adventure—Cara Marker Daily '96 has participated in the Discovery Externship Program since 2006, hosting over 30 students in her home. This summer Cara and her husband Gordon will be hosting 7 students.
Local business leaders invited to host college interns, as the presidents of Kalamazoo College, WMU, and KVCC speak in unison about the importance of career development opportunities for students in southwest Michigan.
A "Life-Changing Summer in Haiti"—"Through the CCPD, ACSJL, and Grace Hospital, Amy and I were able to have one of the most rewarding summers of our lives. We were delighted to see social justice working through an international perspective."
—Roxann Taneisha Lawrence '14