Other CCPD News
CCPD 2012-13 Annual Report Released - The CCPD released its 2012-2013 Annual Report (PDF 1.2 MB) in February 2014, along with highlights of the post-graduate plans of the Class of 2013 in the First-Destination Survey Results (PDF 654 KB).
Highlights of the 2012-13 report include:
- 85% of reporting graduates seeking employment secured it by year end.
- 18% of reporting graduates enrolled in graduate school by year end.
- Students and alumni received counseling services 1,052 times (appointments and drop-in visits).
- 108 students completed CCPD summer 2013 opportunities: 46 externs, 62 interns.
- Over the last three years, the CCPD has supported an average of 278 alumni interactions each year.
- Four Kalamazoo College undergraduates are among 41 local college and university students selected to work with Kalamazoo area businesses as part of the summer 2013 Monroe-Brown Internship cohort.
Skylar Young ’15 is a policy intern working a summer internship in Washington, D.C. with Chris Adamo ’99, staff director for the United States Senate Committee on Agriculture, Forestry & Nutrition. ... Continue reading→
A Pipeline to Talent: An Update with some Monroe-Brown Interns Recent Kalamazoo College graduates sometimes assume there are no opportunities in Kalamazoo for job growth, and so they move to bigger cities. This perception is often a misconception, and to help set the record straight, Joan Hawxhurst, director of the … Continue reading
Brielle Bethke ’16 did an independent internship at the University of Louisville Center for Neurological Surgery. There she assisted with physical therapy, conducted data analysis, shadowed physicians and researchers, and met people with a unique outlook on life. Her work … Continue reading
- Turning a convent into a family home and office is an adventure—Cara Marker Daily '96 has participated in the Discovery Externship Program since 2006, hosting over 30 students in her home. This summer Cara and her husband Gordon will be hosting 7 students.
- Local business leaders invited to host college interns, as the presidents of Kalamazoo College, WMU, and KVCC speak in unison about the importance of career development opportunities for students in southwest Michigan.
- A "Life-Changing Summer in Haiti"—"Through the CCPD, ACSJL, and Grace Hospital, Amy and I were able to have one of the most rewarding summers of our lives. We were delighted to see social justice working through an international perspective."—Roxann Taneisha Lawrence '14
- Several Hornets have settled in Wolverine territory this summer, taking advantage of the resources at a large research university by interning in offices and laboratories throughout Ann Arbor. The Center for Career and Professional Development caught up with four of them.
- Nahrain Kamber, Associate Scientist and Solutionist at The Dow Chemical Company, talks about her career path and how she grew from a science-loving 15-year-old into a chemist who develops new, innovative solutions used by millions of people every day.
- Jeff Marinucci '00, President and Founder of inerTRAIN and Perpetual Motion Fitness Corporation (PMFC) talks about top-notch application materials in this video for the CCPD! http://bit.ly/JMarinucciWrittenMaterials
- Where is the Class of 2011 now?
Check out the results of the June Life After K survey conducted by The Center for Career and Professional Development and the Development Office to the graduates of the Class of 2011. 71% percent of graduates completed the survey.
- Campus Career Counselor—June 2011
The Guilds of Kalamazoo College are recognized.
- The Fiske Guide's Most Interesting Colleges
K's study abroad and externship programs are recognized.
- "What Are You Going to Do With That?"
Chronicle of Higher Education article analyzing earnings based on 171 college majors.
- The CCPD is now on Twitter @kzooccpd. Follow us for quick updates, interesting articles, quick tips, etc.
- The Professional Development Institute (PDI), will offer an intensive professional development opportunity that engages alumni and College friends, 4th week Thursday-Friday. more >>
- Check out PARADE Magazine's recognition of K as an outstanding college offering "great internship opportunities," from a national survey of high school guidance counselors.
- Two K externs prepare for an art exhibition and a star-studded concert at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. more >>
- In the fast-paced exhilaration of New York, Jeanne Sigler '69 hosts an internship for Angela Frakes '12.