Arts & Media Guild
The Arts & Media Guild fosters connections between students, alumni, faculty and staff, and community partners who are interested in media and/or the arts as a profession. Connections among Guild members lead to opportunities for professional networking, collaborative action, leadership development, and life-long ties to Kalamazoo College.
To join the Arts & Media Guild, please visit The Guilds of Kalamazoo College on LinkedIn.
Rachel Wood is the Administrator of the Arts & Media Guild. For more information on involvement, please contact Rachel at email@example.com.
Some helpful Job Search links for those interested in art:
General Resources for the Arts:
- Art Careers
- Arts Opportunities—A free online classifieds serving all arts disciplines.
- Art Opportunities Monthly—A monthly publication for artists and photographers announcing art contests, grants, juried art competitions, fellowships, art awards, art shows and more. You can sign up for a free monthly edition.
- Americans for the Arts—Database that lists arts jobs nationwide.
- e-architect—Website for architects including job postings, salary information, and industry news.
- Career Alternatives for Art Historians—Career advice for artists and academics posted by Notre Dame.
- ESPN Careers—College internships.
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation—Summer internships in Los Angeles relating to the television industry.
- ProductionHUB—Searchable database of entertainment jobs in film, television, video, and digital media production.
- Entertainment Careers.Net—General database to search for jobs and internships in the entertainment industry.
- Good Food Jobs—A professional search tool and gastronome community around opportunities to work with all aspects of food from farmers and food artisans to policy makers and purveyors, retailers and restaurateurs.
- Culinary Careers—Career information from culinary schools.
- International Food Wine and Travel Writers Association—Resources for professionals in the food, wine, and travel industries.
- AIGA—Professional association for design.
- Communication Arts—Inspiration for designers, illustrators, photographers.
- Coroflot—Postings for designers in all fields.
Writing/Publishing Job Links
- Association of American Publishers—Trade association for the book publishing industry.
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs—Fosters literary talent.
- Magazine Publishers of America—Industry association.
- Media Bistro—Job listings.
- News Jobs
- Publishing Jobs—Aside from several thousand communications and media-related job listings, this website also frequently posts articles that provide insight into the industry as a whole.
- Talent Zoo—This website allows you to browse within the broader categories of "Advertising jobs, new media jobs, creative jobs, marketing jobs, and geek job," all of which you can directly apply for by uploading your resume. It also links to several informative and engaging blogs.
- Write Jobs
Jobs in Journalism:
- Poynter Institute—A non-profit school for journalism. It offers both in-person and online training as well as a career center with job listings.
- Mediabistro.com—Resources and support for freelance journalists and job search engine.
- American Society of Newspaper Editors—A state by state search engine for newsroom internships under resources.
- Journalismjobs.com—Compiles media jobs and internships and allows subscribers to get daily emails on jobs in their field of interest and media newsletters.
- Association of Midwest Museums—Museum job openings from entry level to director level postings in the Midwest. Access to the jobs page is free.
- Society of American Archivists—Overview of the archival profession.
- University of Leicester, School of Museum Studies, Jobs Desk—Offers global postings, but focusing primarily on jobs in the U.K. and the United States.
- American Music Therapy Association—Career information and some postings.
- ASCAP—Career information about the music business and recording industry from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers.
- Entertainment Careers—Job and internship postings.
- Record Production—Information about the music recording industry.
- Back Stage—Entertainment-industry’s casting calls, from Back Stage, an actor’s resource.
- City of New York: Mayor's Office of Film, Theatre, and Broadcasting—Job postings, mentoring, career panels, and more with a focus on production.
- Career Transition for Dancers—Resources for dancers, including career advice.
- Dance/USA—National service organization for professional dance.
- The Performing Arts Alliance—National network of 4,000 members comprising the professional, nonprofit performing arts and presenting fields.
Public Relations Job Links
- Public Relations Society of America—This PR-specific website allows you to dive right into the search for your ideal Public Relations job, letting you filter jobs by location, type, position, and industry.
- PR Week
- PR JobForce