The Health Guild fosters connections between students, alumni, faculty and staff, and community partners who are interested in careers in the health professions. The career paths of members of this Guild might include physician, surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurse, chiropractor, dentist, veterinarian, physical therapist, occupational therapist, epidemiologist, dietician, psychologist and others that work in the promotion of health. Connections among Guild members lead to opportunities for professional networking, collaborative action, leadership development, and life-long ties to Kalamazoo College.
To join the Health Guild, please visit The Guilds of Kalamazoo College on LinkedIn.
Jackie Srodes is the Administrator of the Health Guild. For more information on involvement, please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career and Job Search Links:
- Kalamazoo College Health Science Resources for Students
- ExploreHealthCareers.org—is designed to explain the array of health professions and provide students with information about health careers.
- American Medical Association—contains a list of careers in healthcare.
- O*Net Online—US Dept. of Labor Occupational Information Network.
- HealthCare Jobs Career Center—will help you locate and explore healthcare jobs.
- Public Health—Job and Internship Links.
- Co-op/Internships and Summer Research Opportunities—for 2013 in Biomedical Research.
Post-baccalaureate Service Opportunities:
- Biomedical Science Careers Program, Inc.—provides students with encouragement and guidance for the successful pursuit of biomedical and other science-related careers.
- Villers Fellows—work on health care justice issues and develop an understanding of the federal legislation and regulatory process.
- HealthCorps Coordinators—work full-time in a designated high school and community.
- Community Health Workers—focus on direct services and provide a variety of health services/programs for patients and communities.
- Global Health Corps—pairs intelligent and passionate fellows with organizations that require innovative solutions.
Post-baccalaureate Pre-med School Programs:
- Association of American Medical Colleges—searchable database lists a number of schools that offer programs to help individuals pursue a medical career after they have already received a Bachelor's degree.
Graduate/ Professional Schools Resources:
- Medical School Rankings
- MCAT—(Medical College Admission Test)
- PCAT—(Pharmacy College Admission Test)
- DAT—(Dental Admission Test)
- GRE—(Graduate Record Examination) and GRE subject tests.