Nonprofit & Public Service Guild
The Nonprofit & Public Service Guild fosters between students, alumni, faculty and staff, and community partners who are interested in careers in public service and nonprofit organizations. The career paths of members of this Guild might include community organizing, nonprofit and NGO administration, government at local, state and national levels, public policy, advocacy, and others which advance the public good. Connections among Guild members lead to opportunities for professional networking, collaborative action, leadership development, and life-long ties to Kalamazoo College.
To join the Nonprofit & Public Service Guild, please visit The Guilds of Kalamazoo College on LinkedIn.
Joan Hawxhurst is the Administrator of the Nonprofit &Public Service Guild. For more information on involvement, please contact Joan at email@example.com.
Post-baccalaureate Explore/Serve/Connect opportunity resources:
- Just Means—is a leading source of information and connections for people doing business better and has an extensive list of job postings.
- New Sector Alliance—brings together talented emerging leaders who are pursuing careers in the social sector, business professionals with expertise in a variety of different fields, and nonprofits looking to build their capacity and better serve their beneficiaries.
- University for Peace—Career Center online databases for job postings in fields related to peacebuilding worldwide.
- Venture for America—recruits the best and brightest college grads to work for two years at emerging start-ups and early-stage companies in lower-cost cities. Modeled after Teach for America, VFA provides a path for entrepreneurship to college grads who want to learn how to build companies and create jobs.
- Youth Services Opportunities Program—Fellows are recent graduates engaged in direct service, while furthering their development as the future leaders of nonprofit organizations.
- Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights—works toward the goal of a more open and just society... an America as good as its ideals. Its "Career Center" has many job postings.
- National Economic and Social Rights Initiative—works to build a broad movement for economic & social rights, including health, housing, education and work with dignity. Their "Allies" page lists many additional like-minded organizations.
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network—is a free professional networking site that works to foster dialogue and sharing of resources in international development, conflict resolution, gender mainstreaming, human rights, social entrepreneurship and related fields.
- Out of Poverty Caucus—seeks to bring together lawmakers, organizations, community leaders, and other key stakeholders to find concrete solutions to end poverty. The COPC is committed to increasing awareness about and finding bipartisan legislative solutions to eliminating poverty in the United States. This link gives an extensive list of anti-poverty organizations.
- Rebuilding Together—Capacity Corps members have an interest in housing, poverty, and nonprofits.
- Alliance for Justice—is committed to progressive values and the creation of an equitable, just, and free society.
- International Bridges to Justice—is dedicated to protecting the basic legal rights of ordinary citizens in developing countries.
- United Nations Rule of Law—undertakes a vast array of activities to promote understanding of justice, involving an ideal of accountability and fairness in the protection and vindication of rights and the prevention and punishment of wrongs.
- FoodCorps—places leaders in limited-resource communities for a year of public service connecting kids to real food to help them grow up healthy.
- Freedom from Hunger—has a mission to fight world hunger through microfinance, education, and health protection
- International Food Policy Research Institute—focuses on food policies throughout the world in order to create sustainable solutions for ending hunger and poverty.
- The McKnight Foundation—nonprofit toolkit.
- National Council of Nonprofits—helps nonprofits proactively shape the public policy environment in which they operate, provides extensive resources and job postings.
- Taproot Foundation—provides pro bono marketing, HR, IT, and strategy management consulting services that better equip nonprofit organizations to tackle our society's toughest challenges.
- Ventureneer—provides online education and peer support for social entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, and values-driven small business owners.