The Law Guild fosters connections between students, alumni, faculty and staff, and community partners who are interested in careers in the legal professions. The career paths of members of this Guild might include attorney, paralegal, judge, corporate counsel, legal aid, clerk, law professor, policy analyst, litigator, as well as many other elements of the legal professions. Connections among Guild members lead to opportunities for professional networking, collaborative action, leadership development, and life-long ties to Kalamazoo College.
To join the Law Guild, please visit The Guilds of Kalamazoo College on LinkedIn
Joan Hawxhurst is the Administrator of the Law Guild. For more information on involvement, please contact Joan at email@example.com.
- Simply Hired – Legal Internships
- Law Jobs - Browse available jobs and internships by location, categories and employers
- Simply law Jobs - Browse available jobs by professional level, type of practice, job sector and location
- Find Law - Browse vacancies based on location and type of career
- Martindale - Site for law students, attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals to develop their careers and find legal jobs in law firms, corporations and other employers of legal talent
Preparing for Law School
Free LSAT tests
- Princeton Review
- TRIALS Training and Recruitment Initiative for Admission to Leading Law Schools residential summer scholarship program for talented and motivated students of racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds that are currently underrepresented at the nation’s leading law schools
Law School Information
- Law School Admission Council - Preparations for Law School, LSAT Prep Tools, Financing Law School, etc.
- For People of Color.org - free high quality law school admissions consulting services
Scholarships, fellowships, financial assistance
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship for Kalamazoo College students interested in law or other public service careers.
- Admissions Dean - free database of private scholarships based on ethnicities, backgrounds\interests, law schools and residence states
- Scholarships.com - advice on applying to law school, a variety of scholarship opoortunities for law school
- ulinks.com - database of private loan providers to help finance law school
Post-Baccalaureate Serve Opportunities
- Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Legal Fellowship Program makes an impact by providing pro bono opportunities and expanding the legal resources in low-income and underserved communities.
- Skadden Foundation Fellowship Program, described as "a legal Peace Corps" by The Los Angeles Times, provides funding for graduating law students who wish to devote their professional lives to providing legal services to the poor, the elderly, the homeless and the disabled, as well as those deprived of their civil or human rights.
- National Institutes of Health Department of BioEthics fellows conduct theoretical and empirical research related to the ethics of health policy, human subjects research, international research ethics, genetics, or other fields of interest. Past fellows have attended top graduate programs in numerous fields including medicine, law, public health, health policy, psychology and sociology.
- American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative works with in-country partners to build sustainable institutions and societies that deliver justice, foster economic opportunity and ensure respect for human dignity