Center for International Programs Staff
On-campus staff members are available for individual advising appointments.
Please call our office at 269.337.7133 to make an appointment or email us at email@example.com. We are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm EST. We are on the first floor of Dewing Hall, which is located near the top of the hill on Academy Street, right across from the Upjohn Library.
In case of an emergency outside of regular business hours and on weekends and during holidays, please contact Kalamazoo College Security at 269.337.7321.
The Center for Internationals Programs Remembers
Dr. Joseph Brockington
1951 - 2015
An extraordinary educator, colleague and mentor
For over 30 years of dedicated service to
Kalamazoo College and International Education
Dr. Margaret Wiedenhoeft - Vita
Walk-in Hours: Fridays 2:00-4:30 PM
- Kalamazoo-sponsored programs in Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Spain, and Thailand
- Faculty led study abroad programs
- CIP policies and procedures
- Study abroad grade reports
Dr. Wiedenhoeft holds a BA in International Studies from Emory University, an MBA in International Business from Western Michigan University, and a Ph.D from Western Michigan University. Margaret has been at K for more than 10 years and at one time or another has performed just about every job there is to do in the study abroad office. Currently she manages the Kalamazoo study abroad programs in Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Spain, and Thailand and also works with faculty interested in developing short-term courses abroad. Margaret's interest and passion for international education began with her experience living, working and studying in Berlin, Germany for four years. Professional interests include promoting non-traditional study abroad sites, short-term study abroad programming, international service learning projects, and conducting research about the impact and experience of study abroad on U.S. college students.
Walk-in Hours: Wednesdays 2:00-4:30 PM
- Non-Kalamazoo study abroad programs
- Kalamazoo-sponsored programs in Botswana, Kenya, and Senegal
- Primary responsibility for organizing orientation, ICRP, and reintegration programs
Narda is a native Kalamazooan, and a returned Peace Corps volunteer (Liberia). She interned this past summer with the Summer Institute for Intercultural Communication. Narda is intrigued by cultural identity and development, as well as cultural education. Her responsibilities at K include: K programs in Africa, Non-K programs, Reintegration, the Peer Advisor program, and coordinating pre-departure orientations. Narda has a BA in American Studies from Western Michigan University, with minors in African Studies and Sociology.
Advisor for International Students & Study Abroad in the Americas
Walk-in Hours: Thursdays 2-4:30pm
- International student orientation and activities
- F-1 and J-1 Visa regulations
- Study abroad programs in Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean
- Beeler/Senior Projects Abroad fellowships (SPA)
Alayna holds a BA in Spanish and Political Science as well as an undergraduate certificate in Latin American & Caribbean Studies from Michigan State University and an MPA in International Development Studies from Cornell University. Her passion for study abroad came from a trip to Spain while she was in high school and her own undergraduate experience studying abroad in Mexico. Alayna enjoys learning about different cultures and looks forward to working with all of the international students at K.
Walk-in Hours: Tuesdays 2:00-4:30 PM
Heather has been at K for five years. As Operations Manager for the CIP, her responsibilities include the financials for the department and international programs, domestic study abroad processing, student application and forms processing, student international health insurance, student travel, and student visa processing. Heather has a BBA from Davenport University in Accounting/Internal Auditing.
- Application and form processing
- Coordinates air, visas, medical insurance, and program enrollment
- Financial matters
- Domestic study away program manager
NaShera has a BA from Western Michigan University and an Associate’s Degree from Kalamazoo Valley Community College. She brings an array of great organizational skills to K. Born in Detroit, NaShera enjoys cooking a variety of dishes, traveling, and she has a passion for the sport of fencing. She is interested in learning new languages.
- Maintains CIP website
- Maintains Hornet Passport online application system
- Designs print and electronic materials, presentations and online orientations
- Operations and program support of orientation, reintegration, and ICRP programs
Andrew has a BA from Michigan State University and Associate Degrees from Southwestern Michigan College and Musicians Institute. His professional experience stems from his work as an International Student Advisor for Musicians Institute and his volunteer work with refugees living in the United States. A West-Michigan native, Andrew's interests include music performance, songwriting, agriculture, agronomy and oenology.
- Provides basic information for students, parents and other visitors to the CIP and CCPD
- Coordinates campus visits
- Schedules appointments for program managers and career advisors
- Assists in the processing of study abroad applications
Assistant to Acting Director
Bridget is a Kalamazoo native with a BA in Anthropology & Sociology from Kalamazoo College. Her interest in study abroad began after a trip to France in high school and during her time at K, she studied abroad in Dakar, Senegal. She also enjoys gardening, singing, and going for walks around Kalamazoo.
- Assist the Acting Director in managing the Kalamazoo programs for study abroad.
- Provide advising and assistance for students interested in study abroad.
- Work closely with the CIP staff to organize informational, cultural and educational discussions of interest to new students.
- Work collaboratively with the CIP Peer Advisors, CCPD Career Assistants, CCPD staff and other College departments.