Fall 2013 Support Groups
Support Group for International Students
Please join us to discuss your transition to K and the U.S., especially as you begin your journey down the W Curve.
- Mondays at 4 p.m. in the Counseling Center.
- Contact: Dr. Pat Ponto at Pat.Ponto@kzoo.edu or 7191 or Dr. Alan Hill at Alan.Hill @kzoo.edu or 7190 if you have questions.
Sister Circle (support group for women of color). Please join us as we discuss pertinent issues related to race and gender for women of color in a supportive environment.
- Tuesdays at 4 p.m. in the Counseling Center.
- Contact: Dr. Danielle Standish at Standish@kzoo.edu or 7348 if you have questions
Deliver yourself and other students from distraction, disorganization and procrastination by developing your ADDvantage. We will use the totally funny “ADD and Loving it!” (www.totallyADD.com) to kick off the season.
- Wednesdays at 4 p.m. in the Counseling Center.
- Contact: Dr. Alan Hill at Alan.Hill@kzoo.edu or 7190 if you have questions.
First Year Students of Color Support Group
This group is designed to assist first year students of color as they foster a sense of community, discuss their unique experiences, and navigate the challenges of transitioning to college. Please join Dr. Danielle Standish and Erin Jenkins
- Thursdays at 4pm in the Counseling Center Conference room.
- Contact: Dr. Danielle Standish at Standish@kzoo.edu or 7348 if you have questions.
Men of Color Alliance
MOCA is a support group for men of color to address the issues that they face when they attend a predominately white institution/university (PWI): identity, race, gender, relationships, stress, health, families, age, and more. The group will focus on these issues as they are experienced on campus, at home, and in the media and society at large. The goal of the group is to work together and support one another, as we attempt to understand and tackle these issues in the 21st century as Men of Color.
- Meeting time: Thursdays at 5 in the Counseling Center.
- Contact: Branson Boykins, M.A. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 5782 if you have questions.