Skip Navigation

"You can cope with your with suicidal feelings and thoughts.
They are not your fault and they do not have to continue.
Don't give in. Don't lose hope. There is help."

If you or someone you know has ongoing thoughts of death or suicide or if a suicide attempt has been made:

  • Medical Emergency? Call 9-1-1
  • Phone number for an on call counselor at the Counseling Center 548-6907
  • Contact your doctor or a counselor/therapist (Contact K College Counselors)
  • Go to Bronson Hospital emergency room immediately
  • Call Kalamazoo College Security at 337-7321
  • Call Gryphon Place at 2-1-1 or 381-HELP (4357)
  • National Hopeline Network Suicide Hotline at: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
  • Call 1-800-442-HOPE(4673)
  • Kalamazoo College Counseling Staff Staff Contact Page

Additional Information


  • Befrienders Worldwide
    We work worldwide to provide emotional support, and reduce suicide. We listen to people who are in distress. We don't judge them or tell them what to do - we listen.
  • The American Association of Suicidology
    An education and resource organization. We do not provide direct services.IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS AND NEED IMMEDIATE HELP, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
  • Jed Foundation
    Phil and Donna Satow established The Jed Foundation in 2000 after the suicide of their son, Jed, a college sophomore. As the Satows probed deeper into what had pushed Jed beyond his ability to cope, they discovered that far too few mental health resources are available to students and there is a need for advancing evidence-based programming for suicide prevention in young adults.