The Arcus Center at Kalamazoo College
The mission of the Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership at Kalamazoo College develop and sustain leaders in human rights and social justice through education and capacity-building.
We envisions a campus and world where:
- every person's life is equally valued,
- the inherent dignity of all people is recognized,
- the opportunity to develop one’s full potential is available to every person, and
- systematic discrimination and structural inequities have been eradicated.
We seeks to:
- Increase the capacity of K students, faculty and staff, as well as local and global partners to exercise effective leadership for human rights and social justice.
- Model social justice in our workplace values, our relationships with partners, and in the development of innovative initiatives.
- Foster widespread considerations of social justice by engaging transformative theories and practices in collaboration with the College and local community.
- Develop frameworks for integrating social justice leadership into liberal arts education; this will ensure that Kalamazoo College is at the forefront of work in social justice within the higher education community.
The ACSJL is non-partisan and non-sectarian. It seeks to engage a rich diversity of individuals, groups, and perspectives in its activities.