The First-Year Experience
To access the Hornet Hive campus information portal for new students, click here. (K login required)
The intentional weaving together of hands-on involvement, experiential learning, and mentorship within the context of a rigorous academic life is the hallmark of our First-Year Experience. FYE at K helps students:
- achieve academic success,
- identify and pursue passions,
- connect with Kalamazoo College and the greater Kalamazoo communities,
- construct complex intercultural understandings, and
- develop a purpose-filled and balanced life.
Kalamazoo College was named one of 13 “Institutions of Excellence in the First College Year” by the National Policy Center on the First Year of College and is featured in the book, Achieving and Sustaining Institutional Excellence for the First Year of College. And for three consecutive years U.S. News & World Report recognized Kalamazoo College’s FYE as a “program that really works.” Dr. Zaide Pixley, director of the program, was named an Outstanding First-Year Advocate by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition in 2006.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Zaide Pixley, Dean of the First Year & Advising
(269) 337-5755; email@example.com