Fulbright US Student Program
Grantees plan their own programs which may include university coursework, independent library or field research, classes in a music conservatory or art school or special projects in the social or life sciences or combinations. English teaching assistantships are also available in many countries and are usually the more appropriate choice for graduating seniors.
The program promotes cross-cultural interaction and mutual understanding on a person to person basis in an atmosphere of academic integrity and intellectual freedom.
If you are planning to apply for a Fulbright grant for 2014, view the PPT and exemplar from the spring grant-writing workshop. Additional sample applications are available upon request from Diane Kiino. You should meet with Diane Kiino to discuss your plans before departing for the summer.
- The proposal for research or study and the personal statement must be submitted to the Fulbright Program Advisor (Diane Kiino) by the first campus deadline of September 1.
- Applicants must submit the complete online application including final drafts of proposals and personal statements, official transcripts. Language evaluations and letters of recommendation must also be electronically submitted by the September 16, 2013 campus deadline.
- It is highly recommended that you consult faculty or other advisors for comments on your proposal and personal statement before submitting your application to the Fulbright Committee.
- The Fulbright Committee will then schedule an interview with the candidate during third week.
- Re-submission of the final application must be by the October deadline established by the IIE.
- The Fulbright Advisor will submit all completed applications to New York to meet the October deadline.
The Fulbright Scholarship is highly competitive and the successful applicant must carefully research the opportunities in universities of the country he/she proposes for carrying out the proposed program. The Graduate Fellowships Committee will assist students in preparing their application if sufficient time is allowed (at least four weeks prior to the campus deadline).
Fulbright, U.S. Student Program
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017-3580
Phone (212) 984-5330
Midwest Regional Office
155 N Wacker Dr., Suite 714
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone (312) 346-0026
- Davis Peace Projects
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- The Morris K. Udall Scholarship
- The Goldwater Scholarship
- The German Study and Internship
- British Marshall Scholarships
- Fulbright US Student Program
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- James Madison Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Fellowships
- The Rhodes Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke
- The Princeton Fellowships