Skip Navigation
Kalamazoo College

Procedures for Student Employees

I’m New to Campus and Looking for Work.

To find a campus job, and learn more about campus employment, see Campus Employment for Students.

This Is My First Job on Campus, What Should I Do?

1.      Before you begin your first job on campus, you must complete the required forms below for work eligibility and payroll:

  1. W4s - federal and state employee withholding certificates
  2. I-9 Federal Employment Eligibility Verification

2.      Bring your completed forms to the Human Resources Office located in Mandelle Hall, room 106, along with original documents, as required for the I-9 form, no later than your third calendar day of employment.

There is a list of acceptable documents on page 9 of the I-9 form. Most students present either

  • an unexpired passport or passport card, -or-
  • an unexpired driver’s license or school photo ID -along with- Social Security card -or- birth certificate.

Please note that the Department of Homeland Security requires that you present actual documents to verify your work eligibility; we are not able to accept photocopies or faxes.

Please Note: Effective August 1, 2014, Kalamazoo College is an E-Verify participating employer. Please select Notice and Rights for more information.

I’m Returning to Campus Employment, What Should I Know?

Before you begin any new job on campus please do the following:

  • Access WebAdvisor on the Hornet Hive to ensure there is a Web Time Entry (WTE) form for each position for which you believe you have been hired.  If you cannot locate the form, please contact Human Resources and your supervisor before reporting to work.
  • Ask for training on how to complete the WTE form.  Since you will use the WTE form to report the hours you worked each day, accuracy is extremely important.  You will be compensated on the biweekly student payroll based on the hours you reported on the form.
  • Please understand that you are responsible to accurately report the actual hours that worked each day.  You will be held accountable for any errors so if you have questions, please speak with your supervisor, Human Resources or Payroll.

Questions? We are here to help.

Email Human Resources at
or call Miasha Wilson at x7225.

Handshake postings: Richard Sylvester, or x7183

Web time entry and approval: Jill Rex, or x7285