When you need to project a presentation, show a video, amplify the voice of a speaker, we can help. Media Services will deliver, set up, and serve as operators of equipment if needed.
How to Request Media Set-up
Faculty, staff and students may request a set-up for Audio-Visual Equipment/Media such as: Computers, Laser Pointers, Microphones, Monitors, Projectors, PA Systems, Screens, Stands, etc.
- Send requests via email to email@example.com. This is the best way to be sure your media requests are set-up accurately.
- Request by phone at campus extension 7138.
- Stop by the Media Desk on the first floor of the Upjohn Library Commons, to the left of the grand staircase.
What to Include
Give us as much information as possible about your class, meeting, and/or event so that we can make certain to provide the correct media set-up for you.
When to Make Your Request
- Please make your request at least 24 hours in advance.
- Media requests for set-up or take-down after 5pm on weekdays must be submitted before NOON of that day.
- Media requests for events occurring Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday must be submitted by NOON on Friday.
- Requests made after 5pm via email or voice mail will be received the following morning at 8am. To confirm an early morning media set-up, call the Media Desk after 8am.
Students, do not assume that your instructor has already made arrangements to have the media equipment available to you for a class presentation. If you need to have Media Services support for a presentation or project, please let us know!
Borrow Portable Equipment
Portable Equipment must be checked out from the Media Desk. Terms of loan may vary depending on the availability or popularity of an item. Large portable equipment, such as a Portable Pa System, for use after Media Services business hours must be picked up before 4:00 pm the day of use and is due back to Media Services before noon the next business day. For weekend use, equipment should be picked up before 4:00 pm on Friday and returned Monday before noon. Borrowers are responsible for all equipment checked out in their name.
The highest priority of Media Services is to provide the resources and support necessary to meet the instructional technology needs of our faculty and students. If ever you have questions about media capabilities on campus, or where media can be accessed here, please feel free to consult with Media Services. You may reach us by phone at campus extension 7138, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, stop by in person to speak with someone at the the Media Desk.