The Jewish Studies Concentration at Kalamazoo College immerses students in the history, religion, and culture of the Jewish people. Exploring these subjects engages students of all backgrounds in important intellectual and ethical issues, such as:
- majority/minority relations
- identity formation
- the relationship between the religious and the secular
Students receive training in textual traditions, teaching them to read beyond the page and to consider the broader impact of the written word. As an interdisciplinary field, Jewish Studies intersects with different areas of the liberal arts.
Outside of the classroom, the Concentration enables students to develop service learning and social justice projects. In this manner, Jewish Studies concentrators become morally aware and socially engaged scholars.
Contact Dr. Jeffrey Haus with any questions.
- 7:00 pm - Lecture on Isreal's Wars with Hamas
- 8:00 pm - Lecture with Dr. Benny Morris
- 7:30 pm - Film Screening: Little White Lie