1098-T Tax Form Information
1098-T Tax forms will be mailed out by January 31st.
An electronic copy of your 1098-T tax form can be found on the Hornet Hive under Financial Information. (Please note: Box 2 is for billed qualified tuition and related expenses only, room and board will NOT be included).
We strongly encourage you to refer to your billing statements for quarters occurring during the calendar year to obtain information appropriate for claiming tax benefits related to qualified education expenses. In addition, we recommend that you consult your tax advisor to discuss your individual facts and circumstances. Copies of account payment history may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if my SSN is incorrect on the 1098-T?
To update your SSN with Kalamazoo College to must bring your original SSN card to the Registrar’s Office. After doing so, please notify the Students Accounts Office that your SSN has been updated with the college via email at, email@example.com. Once we have updated your 1098-T you will be notified via your K-College email.
What if my SSN is missing on the 1098-T?
Please complete and print the W-9S form found on the right side of this page under related documents. When complete please bring the form to the Kalamazoo College Business Office located on the second floor of Mandelle Hall.
Below are several resources that can provide additional help in completing your taxes.
- If you are needing a copy of a 2009 or prior year 1098-T tax form, please contact our servicer ECSI at: http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html or by Phone: 1-866-428-1098
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Website
- Tax Information for Students
- Tax Incentives for Higher Education
- IRS Tax Trails on Student Interest will walk you through a series of questions to see if you're qualified to take the deduction.
- Instructions for IRS Forms 1098-E and 1098-T (PDF)
- IRS Form 8863 -- Education Credits with instructions (PDF)