Hicks Student Center Building Managers
The Hicks Student Center Building Manager will work closely with the professional staff in the Hicks Student Center in both facilities management and working toward the vision of making the Hicks Student Center the “heart and hearth” of campus.
Building Manager: Operations
The Hicks Student Center Building manager is responsible for working with the professional staff in regard to the operations and staffing of the Union Desk, including the Game Room, and the Resource Center in the Student Organization Workroom. The Building Managers will work closely with the professional staff in the Hicks Student Center in both facilities management and working toward the vision of making the Hicks Student Center the “heart and hearth” of campus.
In addition to working hours at the Union Desk and Events, the building managers will have additional responsibilities which may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with staff training.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of a staff reward/incentive program.
- Managing daily and weekly building reports.
- Processing data on building traffic.
- Managing equipment.
- Maintaining storage areas and equipment.
- Addressing staff issues in a timely manner.
- Acting as a Event Staff Lead for the Student Involvement Event Staff at office-sponsored events.
Building Manager: Special Projects
The Building Manager for Special Projects will work independently on a variety of projects (some listed below) in conjunction with the professional staff in the Office of Student Involvement to assist in working toward the vision of making the Hicks Student Center the “heart and hearth” of campus.
These projects may include but are not limited to:
- Creating a museum-quality display for the Hicks Student Center.
- Organizing OSI Photos into an easily accessible archive.
- Researching past OSI events and history (Monte Carlo, StuOrgs, etc.) and gathering data to assist in future planning.
- Helping with the development of the new Hicks Art Gallery (outside Student Development) and creating historical displays for special events/weeks (Homecoming, Monte Carlo, etc.).
- Examining and organizing all current student organization files and assisting with the gathering of constitutions/charters of existing organizations.
- Developing a constitution/charter review system for student organizations.
Meet the 2012-2013 Hicks Student Center Building Managers
Ian Flanagan (Special Projects)
Class Year: 2013, Senior
Favorite Color: Red and Gold
Book that you could read over and over again: The Song of Fire and Ice Series by George R. Martin
Quote that inspires you: "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" -- U.S. Navy Admiral David Farragut's advice on dealing with obstacles during the siege of New Orleans, U.S. Civil War.
Something you love about Hicks: The fact that you can run into almost anyone in Hicks, even people you haven't seen in a long time.
Favorite K College Moment: My sophomore year, we had a blizzard and power outage that lasted almost two days. With the power out, everything on campus stopped, and everybody really came together as a community in a way I hadn't seen before.
Gabby Woltz (Operations)
Class Year: 2013, Senior
Favorite Color(s): Purple and Green
Book that you could read over and over again: To Kill a Mockingbird
Quote that inspires you: "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."-- Charles Swindoll
Something you love about Hicks: The couches in the windows that face the quad.
Favorite K College Moment: ANDREW BELLE PLAYING AT WDW!!!