Student Involvement Interns
Student Involvement Intern
The Student Involvement Intern will have an active role in planning, implementing, and assessing programming for the Office of Student Involvement, the Hicks Student Center, and Student Development. The person in this role will work closely with the professional staff in the Office of Student Involvement and will be responsible for gathering the pulse of the campus and helping ensure that student wants are reflected in OSI programs. Student Involvement interns will be involved in many projects which may include but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing an assessment plan for Student Involvement sponsored events
- Assisting with the implementation of existing Student Involvement programs including Tuesdays With…, Wind Down Wednesdays, Stress Free Zone, First Fridays, Zoo Flicks, Game On, and the Zoo After Dark
- Organizing additional activities to enhance current programs
- Planning and implementing new programs to be sponsored by the Office of Student Involvement
- Assisting with assessment of programs
- Managing marketing and PR projects
- Assisting with student staff training, development, and supervision
- Assisting with building management projects
- Acting as a Event Staff Lead for the Student Involvement Event Staff at office sponsored events
Meet the 2012-2013 Student Involvement Interns:
Class year: 2014, Junior
Favorite Color: ORANGE!
Book that you could read over and over again: Keeping the Moon
Quote that inspires me: "A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous" -- Coco Chanel
A moment from an OSI event that you will never forget: Watching the freshman walk into the Glow Party during Orientation Week. They were so excited to see what Kollege is all about and being able to make that event great for them was an incredible feeling!
Advice to other students about getting involved at K College: Just put yourself out there! No one will judge and you're sure to have a great time!
Class Year: 2015, Sophomore
Favorite Color: Orange
Book that you could read over and over again: A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony. It is the first of the Xanth series.
Quote that inspires me: "Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose-- a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye." --Mary Shelley
A moment from an OSI event that you will never forget: One of my favorite memories was the Carnival event. I had the opportunity to make cotton candy and work carnival games. I had a lot of fun and I got to see Cirque du K preform which was also amazing.
Advice to other students about getting involved at K College: Getting involved at K is an amazing opportunity to connect with other students this can be done through clubs, get involved in cultural or political events, volunteering for various events and/ or volunteer for service learning. These are all great opportunities to get involved at K and ca n make life at K exciting and more entertaining.
Class year: 2013, Senior
Favorite Color: Coral
T.V. Show or Movie you can't stop watching: Serendipity
Quote that inspires me: "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -- Audrey Hepburn
A moment from an OSI event that you will never forget: Would definitely have to be when Andrew Belle performed! It was great to see that he had a fan base at K and everyone seemed to enjoy the performance including myself!
Advice to other students about getting involved at K College: It's very easy to get involved and you get to meet great people along the way!