Skip Navigation
Kalamazoo College

How to Apply for or Renew Aid

Merit Based Aid:

Includes: Merit Scholarships, Enlightened Leadership Awards, J.T. Williamson and K Tradition Awards.

These awards are given by the Office of Admission and do not require a financial aid application as they are not based on financial need. Please refer to your original award letter as some of these merit awards have minimum GPA requirements. 

Prospective students can find additional information about these awards and how to apply on the Admission Website.

Need Based Aid:

Consideration for federal, state and Kalamazoo College need-based aid requires a determination of financial need. 

All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be considered for federal and state aid.

Additional Considerations

As staff in the Office of Financial Aid begin reviewing your FAFSA application you may be asked to submit additional information or complete verification documents for the U.S. Department of Education.

If we require additional documentation, your financial aid application will be placed on hold until we receive the necessary documents. Please check your campus mailbox and K-email for important communications we may send to you about your application. In most cases, requests for information are also mailed to the student’s home address.