Skip Navigation
Kalamazoo College

4 - Consent and Assent

After filling out an application, you must create a consent form for your subjects to sign before you proceed with your research. This is a type of permission form for you to conduct your research.

  • If your research involves legal adults, then you only need to have a consent form, which each of your research subjects must sign.
  • If any of your research involves minors (anyone under the age of 18), then you must have an assent form which must be presented to the minor's guardian to sign.
    • Here is an example of an assent form to tailor to fit your research.