Skip Navigation
Kalamazoo College
5

Meeting Minutes

February 27th, 2009

  • Location: Hicks 110
  • Time: 4:00 pm
  • Present: Halcy Derks, Daedalon Derks, Douglas Colton, Xavier Soto, Alex Adams, Erin Moody, Amanda Geer, Joanne Robillard, Emily Wolf, Jessica Ferko, JJ Weber, Patrick Gailey, Ty Manegold, Patrick Hiavacbk, Jamie Dybdahl, Audrey Malyutin, Matt Dillon, Nikko Vogel, and many others. I apologize for not remembering all your names right now. I will update this when i get back to my office.
  • Secretary: ty
  • Keywords: kalamazoo, outing, club, meeting, minutes, february, 27, 2009

Lots of great stuff everyone!  For those of you who couldn't make it, we all hope you can come to our next meeting.


Minutes:

--Next meeting will be March 6th, Friday, from 4:00 - 5:00/5:30 pm in Hicks 110.  In addition, all future meetings will normally last about an hour to an hour and a half unless otherwise specifically noted.

--On the topic of positions.  At this point in time, since so many individuals have not been able to make either or both meetings, we will not elect anyone to any specific individualized position.  This will allow for those who haven't been able to make the meetings and/or are still away for the term to become actively involved upon their return to campus.  We have however created a few "sub-committees."  They are as follows with the assigned specific short term and long term duties and associated individuals:

       - Trip coordinators/leaders
            -> For trips to happen next term (towards the beginning if possible): Pat Gailey, Xavier Soto, J.J. Weber, and Erin Moody.  These individuals will start looking into possible dates and places to go as well as associated logistics.
            -> For a Memorial weekend overnight or 3-day long trip:  J.J. Weber and Jessica Ferko.  Looking into places to go and associated logistics.
            -> March 7th (next weekend!!!) trip to arboretum.  J.J. Weber and Wilderness Philosophy House members.  (see below for more details)

       - Treasurer/funding ideas
            -> Alex Adams and Doug Colton.  They will look into StuCom, Grants, partnerships with WPH, chapel, bio department, etc..., fund raising events, and membership logistics.

       - Secretary
            -> Jessica Ferko and Emily Wolf.  They will help out with note taking during meetings and hopefully lead generating a list of individuals (possible future leaders) who have certifications such as Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR, and Van certification.  others with greater medical training more than welcome and encouraged.  be specific.

       - Publications
            -> Fliers for march trip: Halcy Derks and Daedal Derks.
            -> New website: Daedal Derks.

--March 7th trip to arboretum.  Joint trip between KOC and WPH pending WPH adviser permission and approval.  Day trip to arb.  Most likely in the afternoon with a sunset viewing.  2-4 hours tops.  J.J. Weber and WPH will look into Van rentals, weather, and all other logistics.  Ty will work on having waivers ready.  Possible cap. limit set at 24 people (two vans.)  upon arrival at arb. this large group would split up into smaller groups.  All details finalized by next meeting, march 6th.  remember to take lots of pictures!


As always, great job everyone.  If you know of anyone who would be interested in being part of the KOC, please direct them to our facebook group and/or email me to be put on the mailing list.  For anyone who was not present at the meeting and/or did not get a chance to "sign up" for a sub-committee, please email me and i can help you out.  Also, if you think there is another area that we should have someone or a few people taking lead in, suggest it via email or facebook.  Better yet, YOU can start looking into whatever it is you feel is missing.